- Urban Design Architect
- Landscape Architectural Technologist
- Landscape Architect
If you would like to apply, please submit a PDF copy of your resume, cover letter, and samples of your work to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Urban Design Architect
This is a unique position requiring an architect with technical experience in building design and an interest in urban design – capable of taking projects from concept through to the schematic design and approvals phases of project development.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project management of urban design projects including preparation of Site-Specific Development Applications, Campus Master Plans, Downtown Plans, Corridor Plans, Mobility Hubs, Community Plans, Urban Design Guidelines, Master Plans, Peer Reviews, etc;
- Preparation of urban design/architectural visions and documents, including Urban Design Rationale Reports, Official Plan & Zoning By-law Amendments, Draft Plans of Subdivisions and Minor Variances;
- Architectural experience in technical aspects of building design;
- Presenting materials at public workshops, client meetings, internal workshops, and Council meetings;
- Collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of architects, landscape architects and planners on planning and urban design projects;
- Coordination of sub-consultants
- Preparation of proposals in response to RFQs and RFPs
- Manage project budgets and team allocations
- Mentor junior staff
- Support other project work within the studios as needed
Qualifications and skills required:
- A Master’s degree in architecture/urban design and a minimum of 5 years of urban design/architectural experience
- Professional Membership in or eligibility to become a member in the design professions
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills
- Motivated, flexible and enthusiastic team player able to work in an open studio format
- Experience in the project management of urban design projects
- Experience in municipal planning approvals
- Skill in design software applications including AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign etc.
- Ability to travel within North America.
Landscape Architectural Technologist
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage, coordinate and prepare contract documentation in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Work with our in-house team of landscape architects, architects and urban designers to create integrated design solutions.
- Coordinate and collaborate with consultant teams.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of contract drawing and modeling standards for landscape architectural and architectural projects.
- Exceptionally proficient in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge and experience with BIM (Revit).
- Minimum 3 years experience in the preparation of contract documentation for landscape architectural projects.
- Experience in the preparation of contract drawings for architectural projects is considered an asset.
- Experience in specification writing.
- Experience conducting site inspections and contract administration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Energetic and self-motivated.
- Detailed-oriented with a deep understanding of landscape construction materials and techniques.
- Experience with Adobe CS, GIS software, SketchUp, Rhino, and/or Grasshopper considered an asset.
We are seeking a Landscape Architect to join our team. This position requires strong leadership, design, technical, and graphic skills.
- Professional degree in Landscape Architecture
- Around 5 years’ professional experience
- Membership with the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (or actively working towards membership)
- Experience in cost estimation, planting design, construction detailing, and contract administration
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe CS, SketchUp and Office
- Experience with BIM (Revit), GIS software, Rhino and Grasshopper considered an asset
We are looking for a team member who:
- Can design and detail with confidence
- Has experience coordinating project teams
- Can manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Is comfortable attending meetings to represent our firm
- Understands the proposal process (or is eager to learn)
- Is a great communicator – writing will be a part of the job
- Strives for continuous personal and team improvement