- Urban Design Architect
If you would like to apply, please submit a PDF copy of your resume, cover letter, and samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Urban Design Architect
This is a unique position requiring an architect with technical experience in building design and an interest in urban design – capable of taking projects from concept through to the schematic design and approvals phases of project development.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project management of urban design projects including preparation of Site-Specific Development Applications, Campus Master Plans, Downtown Plans, Corridor Plans, Mobility Hubs, Community Plans, Urban Design Guidelines, Master Plans, Peer Reviews, etc;
- Preparation of urban design/architectural visions and documents, including Urban Design Rationale Reports, Official Plan & Zoning By-law Amendments, Draft Plans of Subdivisions and Minor Variances;
- Architectural experience in technical aspects of building design;
- Presenting materials at public workshops, client meetings, internal workshops, and Council meetings;
- Collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of architects, landscape architects and planners on planning and urban design projects;
- Coordination of sub-consultants
- Preparation of proposals in response to RFQs and RFPs
- Manage project budgets and team allocations
- Mentor junior staff
- Support other project work within the studios as needed
Qualifications and skills required:
- A Master’s degree in architecture/urban design and a minimum of 5 years of urban design/architectural experience
- Professional Membership in or eligibility to become a member in the design professions
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills
- Motivated, flexible and enthusiastic team player able to work in an open studio format
- Experience in the project management of urban design projects
- Experience in municipal planning approvals
- Skill in design software applications including AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign etc.
- Ability to travel within North America.